Trek to the Nag Tibba summit situated at an altitude of 9915 ft is perfect for beginners, families & children. From here you get to see the magnificent views of the snow-capped Garwhal Himalayan peaks namely Swargrohini, Bandarpoonch, Kala Nag, Shrikantha, Gangotri, Kedarnath, Changabang & the flickering lights of the Doon valley. Given its easy level of challenge, anyone with normal fitness can do this trek. It can be done throughout the winter season when most of the treks in higher Himalayan ranges are closed. In peak winters, the trail will be layered in snow. Given that you can add a few days to your weekend, along with this beautiful hike, you can also explore the Queen of the Hills - Mussoorie & Rishikesh.
Day 0 : Brief Itinerary:
Day 1: Dehradun to Mussoorie
Day 2: Mussoorie to Pantwari | Pantwari to Camp 1 (Khatian)
Day 3: Camp 1 (Khatian) to Nag Tibba top | Descend to Pantwari | Drive to Rishikesh
Day 4: Rafting in Rishikesh | Drop to Dehradun
Day 1 : Dehradun to Mussoorie
- Report at Dehradun airport before 12:00 PM
- Distance: 70 Km || 2-3 Hr
- Altitude: Dehradun (2,087 ft) to Mussoorie (6578 ft)
- Today's drive to the Queen of the Hills - Mussoorie, is going to make us witness the scenic view of the snow-capped peaks of Western Garhwal Himalayas. From the George Everest peak (which is a half an hour hike) we shall enjoy beautiful sunset & winter line. Visiting the market post this we shall head to our stay.
- Stay: Home-stay in Mussoorie
Day 2 : Mussoorie to Pantwari to Camp 1 (Khatian)
- Drive Distance: 50 Km || 2 Hr | Trek Distance: 4.5 Km || 3-4 Hr
- Altitude: Mussoorie (6578 ft) to Pantwari (4642 ft) to Camp 1 (Khatian) (7627 ft)
- We'll trek on a ridge & through the oaks & rhododendrons; witnessing the fields of Pantwari falling behind.
- Stay: Camping (4 tented sharing)
Day 3 : Camp 1 (Khatian) to Nag Tibba top | Descend to Pantwari | Drive to Rishikesh
- Trek Distance: 3 Km ascent (2 Hr) & 8 Km descent (3 Hr) | Drive Distance: 135 Km || 5 Hr
- Altitude: Camp 1 (Khatian) (7627 ft) to Nag Tibba top (9915 ft) to Pantwari (4642 ft) to Rishikesh (1220 ft)
- We'll trek through the thick forest & from the summit, we shall witness the magnificent view of the Himalayan range of Swargrohini, Bandarpoonch, Kala Nag, Srikanta, and Gangotri.
- Post reaching Rishikesh, you are free to explore around. Our stay is at a walkable distance from Laxman Jhulla. You can attend Maha Aarti at Triveni Ghat that happens every evening.
- Stay: Homestay in Rishikesh
Day 4 : Rafting & Cliff Jumping in Rishikesh
- Rafting Distance: 16 Km
- We'll be rafting under the guidance of certified professionals.
You can plan your return journey post 02:00 PM.