Region: Himachal Pradesh
Duration: 4 Days
Max Altitude: 12,772 Ft.
Trekking Km: 23 Kms.
Beas Kund is a high altitude alpine lake that sits royally amidst the mountains of Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 3,700 meters. This taintless beauty is the origin of Beas River, which is believed to be the water body where Sage Vyas use to take bath while he meditated. Beas Kund Trek starts from Solang Nallah which is a popular destination in Manali for skiing and paragliding. Mesmerizing meadows of Dhundi and Bakarthach will be a part of your trail on Beas Kund Trek. Majestic peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Friendship Peak, Shitidhar, and Seven Sisters will be your companion on this trek. One will also come across the Beas Kund Glacier while advancing towards Beas Kund. Pluck the wild strawberries and mushrooms on your way and lazily watch the herds of sheep and goats grazing. This summer trek is a perfect choice for the beginners because of its short duration and easy difficulty level.
Day 1 : Drive from Manali to Solang Valley and then trek to Dhundhi
- 10:00 AM: Pick up from Manali Bus Stop.
- Shared cab or Tempo traveller will be arranged and shared among the trekkers.
- Have lunch in Manali, drive to Solang Valley (12 km from Manali) and start the trek. Reach Dhundhi by 5 pm.
- Altitude: 8156 ft (2486m) to 9465ft (2885m)
- Time taken: 4-5 hrs, 6.7kms
- Trek gradient: Moderate Ascent
- Terrain type: Well-marked road followed by forest trails
Day 2 : Dhundhi to Lohali trek
- Lohali is a scenic campsite surrounded by mountains, it makes an ideal camping spot. Your water source here is the stream which flows beside the campsites.
- Altitude: 9465 ft (2885m) to 10974 ft (3345m)
- Time taken: 4 hrs, 3.5 km
- Trek gradient: Moderate to steep ascent throughout the trek
- Terrain type: Mostly forested, with pine trees.
Day 3 : Lohali to Lady Leg to Beas Kund and back to Lohali
- Early wake up call and start trek towards beas kund.
- Altitude: 10,974 ft (3345m) to 12,772 ft (3893m)
- Time taken: 5-6 hrs, 3.2 km (to and fro)
- Trek gradient: Steep ascent all the way to the summit
- Terrain type: Rocky path
Day 4 : Lohali to Solang Valley Trek
- Trek back to Solang valley the way you came up
- Altitude: 10974 ft (3345m) to 8156 ft (2486m)
- Time taken: 5-6 hrs, 9 km
- Trek gradient: Easy, Moderate descent
- Terrain type: Forest trails and river-side trails
- Reach Manali by 9:00 PM
- Comfortable Trekking shoes.
- A sturdy Backpack (40-60 litres) with rain cover.
- Two trek pants
- Five Warm Layers- This includes full sleeve tee shirt, thermals, fleece, sweater and jacket.
- Three collared t-shirts.
- Thermals (Mandatory): Carry thermals to wear at night because the temperature drops considerably.
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Balaclava or woollen scarves
- Two sports socks and a pair of woollen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
- Trekking pole
- Daypack (20 litres)
- Toiletries: Sunscreen, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitiser.
- Cutlery:Carry a spoon, coffee mug and a lunch box.
- Two water bottles: 1 litre each
- Plastic covers: While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalise things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
Mandatory Personal Medical Kit
- Diamox – 1 Strip
- Crocin- 10 tablets
- Avomine (optional, in case of motion sickness)- 1 Strip
- Combiflam- Half Strip
- Muscle relaxant – Half Strip
- Digene- Half Strip
- Avil- 1 strip
- ORS- 6 packs
- Knee Cap (If you are prone to knee injury)
Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Accommodation – Stay is included from Day 1 to Day 3 (Camping).
- Meals – All meals from dinner on Day 1 to lunch on Day 4 are included. We provide simple, nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – We provide ice axes, ropes, micro spikes, gaiters etc. as required.
- Safety equipment – First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers etc. will be available at all campsites to deal with emergencies.
- Services of an expert Trek Leader – All our trek leaders are qualified in basic / advanced mountaineering courses.
- Transport to and from the Manali
- Food during transit to and from the base camp
- Backpack offloading charges – If you wish to offload your backpack, there will be an additional charge of Rs. 500 + 5% GST. The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kg. Suitcases/strolleys/duffel bags will not be allowed. Please note that charges will vary for last minute offloading in case you decide to offload your bag after reaching Govind Ghat (Rs. 350 per day inclusive of tax).
- Stay at Manali on the last day
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from inclusion