The name “Hampta Pass” derived from Hampta Village. It is at an altitude of 14,107 feet in the Himalayan Pin Panjal range and it is the passage between Lahaul and Kullu, or Manali valley of Himachal Pradesh. Hampta Pass Trek, This region has rich Flora and Fauna but, on the other hand, the Lahaul valley has barren lands and is deserted.
At Hampta Pass, the breathtaking view sweeps you off your feet. Colossal Mount Indrasen, Deo Tibba and numerous snow-laden peaks rising as high as 19,7000 feet stand tall at a distance and welcome you into a magical embrace. The arid landscape of Lahaul Valley interspersed with naked mountains presents the most widely panoramic sweep, down below.
The last treat for the eyes and the spirit on this trek is Lake Chandratal, nestled between lofty peaks of the Pirpanjal at a height of 4,250 metres. But before that, a chilling encounter with a mountain stream awaits you – quite literally. Before you make your way to Chhatru, your last campsite for the trek, a small stream by the campsite of Shea Goru needs to be crossed early in the morning, when the water is low and currents are weak. A simpler walk through pastures and rocky paths take you to Chhatru, where vehicular access is restored.
The drive to Lake Chandratal is as stunning as the lake itself. How the crescent-shaped mass of sparkling water will look to you depends on the time of the day you visit it. During day time, it reflects the turquoise blue of the sky, while dusk paints it with a shade of deep emerald. Upon nightfall, it turns glistening black. Here too, you can get the opportunity to see local shepherds graze their herds, in the lush greens dotted with wildflowers that surround Lake Chandratal.
Day 1: Drive from Prini – Jobra than trek to Chika (1,0100 ft).
- Hampta Pass Manali is the most famous trek in Manali Region of Himachal Pradesh.
- Meet at Camp Renok in Prini in Manali, after brief introduction and we will start our drive from Prini (6725 ft) to Jobri.
- Drive from Prini to Jobri goes through AD Hydro Project road and takes around one and half hour.
- After briefing session we start our trek to Chika (10400 ft) our today’s camp.
- Today’s trek is about 2 hour easy ascent from 9700 ft to 10,400 ft through thick forest and crossing small bridge.
- While trekking we can see the Rani river on one side and a big rocky hill on the other.
- The Hampta Pass Manali trek passes through some of the most spectacular landscape.
- Overnight camp at Chika.
Day 2 : Chika (10,100 ft) – Balu ka Gera (11,900 ft) .5 hrs easy ascent.
- The Second day trek is a gradual ascent.
- While trekking we will be able to see the spectacular Dhauladhar range in the background and Indrasan peak in front.
- Starting part of the trek fairly gradual and as you cross the waterfall the gradient increases till Jwara Nalah.
- The best part of today’s trek that we have to cross two rivers one at the start just near to Chikka Campsite and other at Jwara Nala.
- River crossing the Jwara Nalah is exhilarating experience.
- You have to remove your shoes and get into knee depth of ice chilling water after crossing it you will feel what is called numbness due to extreme cold.
- We will have our packed lunch after crossing the Jwara nala.
Day 3: Balu ka Gera (11,900 ft) – Siagoru (12,900 ft) Crossing Hampta Pass (14,100 ft).
- This is the most spectacular part of the trek as we cross the Hampta Pass and then descend to our camp site in Siagoru.
- From Hampta Pass you can see the Indrasan Peak and its gigantic glacier.
- Today’s trek will take us approximately 8hrs to reach Siagoru.
- The ascent on this part of the Hampta Pass trek will be moderate.
Day 4: Siagoru (12,900 ft) – Chatru (11,000 ft) 4 hrs. Drive to Chandratal Lake.
- This day we have an easy descent through the Hampta Valley.
- The massive mountains of the Pir Panjal and Spiti ranges dominate the entire landscape during the Hampta Pass Trek till the camp site at Chatru.
- Chatru is a confluence point of paths from Rohtang Pass, Hamta Pass and Lahaul & Spiti.
- From Chatru if road and weather condition permit we head to the Chandra Tal and camp at suitable place according to the conditions.
- The distance from Chatru to Chandratal Lake is around 41 Kms and takes around 2 hours to reach due to road conditions.
- This drive from Chatru to Chandratal Lake you will remember for your life.
Day 5: Drive from Chandra tal/Chatru to Prini via the Rohtang Pass
- In the morning after breakfast we leave for Prini via the Rohtang Pass.
- We will be stopping at Rohtang pass for few minutes but we are sure that nobody would want to pollute the beautiful memories of the trek.
- Enroute we will be stopping for lunch at Marhi and continue our drive to Prini.
- Our wonderful experience of trekking in Himachal ends.
- Hampta Pass Manali is a complete package after finishing your trek relax in Old Manali guest houses and savor the delicious food and ambiance in Old Manali Cafes and Restaurants.
- Transportation (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Food: Day-1 Dinner to Day-5 Breakfast.
- Accommodation: Four Nights Camping during the trek on Sharing Basis
- Tents, Mattresses, and Sleeping Bags
- Toilet Tents – Dry Pit Style
- Kitchen Tent, Equipment & All Rations
- Trek Leader & Assistant Trek Leader / Local Guide
- Support team
- Porters / Mules (for Equipment)
- Mountaineering Course Qualified Trek Leader
- Local Support Team for Geographical Intelligence
- Crampons / Micro-spikes to the Trekkers (if Required)
- First-Aid Medical Kit with the Team
For people who've opted for River Rafting:
- Rafting of 16 KM in Ganga river
- Cliff jumping
- GoPro shoot
- Pick up & Drop from Hotel
- Day 5 stay in Homestay
- River Rafting:
- First-Aid Medical Kit with the Team
- Personal Gears
- Meals During Transportation
- Any additional permit cost if charged over Rs. 500/-
- Tips, Gratitude to the Team
- GST (5%)
Rental Gear: We also offer trekking gear on rental.
PDF: Click here (These are the prices for the entire trek)
Booking form: Rental products (Click here)
- Winter Jacket (-5 degrees) - Rs. 500
- Trekking pole - Rs. 200
- Poncho - Rs. 200
- Gloves - Rs. 200
- Gaiters - Rs. 200
- Crampons - Rs. 400
- Head torch - Rs. 150
- Trekking Shoe - Rs. 500
- Gopro - Rs. 2500
- Trek pant - Rs. 400