Chikmagalur located around 250 km from Bangalore, the drive to the land of coffee plantations is something to look forward to for those who enjoy road trips. It is a hill station situated at an altitude of 3,400 feet on the foothills of the Mullayanagiri range in Karnataka. It is also known as ‘the land of younger daughter’, it is said to have been given as a dowry to the youngest daughter of Rukmangada, the legendary chief of Sakharayapattana. The hill is popular for its mountain ranges, green environment, favorable climate, coffee plantations, trekking and cascading waterfalls.
Places to visit in Chikmagalur:
1. Trek to Mullayanagiri, the highest peak in Karnataka standing at an altitude of 1930 m above sea level, the view from Mullayanagiri is mesmerising.
2. Wildlife enthusiasts can plan to spend the morning hours at Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary (on the way to Mullayanagiri). Trekking or jungle safari can be explored, the lucky few might get to see one or more of the 33 tigers found in Bhadra
3. Baba Budangiri hills is 25 km from Chikmagalur town and home to the cave shrine (Dattatreya Peeth) of the Sufi mystic, Hazrat Dada Hayath Mir Khalander. Surrounded by coffee plantations, the shrine of the Baba attracts many devotees, both Muslim and Hindu. The beautiful Manikyadhara Waterfalls are a 2-km walk from the shrine.
3. Jhari waterfalls is also popularly known as the Buttermilk Falls, and it is one of the top places to visit in chikmagalur. Within the Chikmagalur district, the Jhari Waterfalls is a must inclusion in any Chikmagalur tour package.
4. At a distance of 5 km from Kemmanagundi, 67 km from Chikmagalur and 1 km from Shanti Falls, Z Point is a wonderful trekking spot and one of the prime places to visit in Kemmanagundi. Z Point is a beautiful spot with deep valleys all around amidst thick green surroundings. The cool breeze on the peak mesmerizes visitors. It is one of the best short treks in Karnataka with beautiful views of nature and valleys.
5. Situated amidst the huge mountain ranges covered in green with the lake in the backdrop, Hirekolale Lake has been able to gain a lot of prominence in becoming the favourite spot for travellers. The beauty of the lake enhances when visited during sunset as the saffron colour of the sun rays gets reflected thereby making the place appear magical.
Boarding at Kacheguda station at 7 PM | Jadcherja at 8 PM | Mahabubnagar at 8.30 PM
2. Don't forget to carry polythene covers to pack your wet clothes.
We'll be waking up early today, packup, have breakfast and head to Mullayangiri peak.
1.Carry an extra pair of clothes if you want to get into water again in Jhari waterfalls
2.You might encounter leeches so carry packet of turmeric or salt just in case. Once you sprinkle turmeric/salt over a leech, it'll leave your skin and will fall to the ground.
3.Be prepared to walk for a couple of kilometres today.
Places to visit
Board bus to Hyderabad from Shimoga
Clothing & Footwear
Food & Beverage
-Any kind of personal expenses.
-Food during the transit.
-Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
-Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.