Rajmachi Fort is one of the many historical forts in the rugged hills of Sahyadri mountains. Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.
Wanna take a video tour? Here you go: https://youtu.be/2-JieycNkG0
Day 0 : Hyderabad to Lonavala by Train
- Catch train at Hyd(8:30pm)/Begumpet(8:39pm)/Lingampally(9:02pm)
Day 1 : Trek to Rachmachi base village (Udhewadi)
- 11 am: Reach Lonavala (Breakfast in train)
- 2:30 pm: Reach base village, (Lunch on the way)
- 4.50 pm: Start trek to Rajmachi
- 8.30 pm: Reach Rajmachi
- 9.30 pm: Reach residing area. Have dinner & Tent Stay/Home Stay
Day 2 : Sunrise at Rajmachi Fort and Trek back
- 5:00 am: Wake up call
- 5.30 am: Resume trek
- 6.30 am: Reach viewpoint & Explore
- 8 am: Breakfast & Start to descend to the base village
- 10 am: reach the base village (Visit Kondane caves on the way)
- 2.30 pm: Reach Karjat, Pack dinner & Get into Train
Day 3 : Lonavala to Hyderabad by Train
Clothing & Footwear
- Walking/Sports/Trekking shoe. (Please make sure that you are using soft rubber-sole footwear)
- 30-40 L backpack (Do not carry suitcases or trolleys)
- Sleeping bag (You can replace it with a thin blanket or bed-sheet if you don't want to invest in a sleeping bag)
- 3 pairs of quick-dry clothing. (Please wear one pair on Friday night before coming to the railway station. You'll not get an opportunity to change during our travel.)
- 3 pairs of socks
- Raincoat, rain cover for your bag, zip-lock pouches for mobiles
Food & Beverage
- Min 2 liters of water each (Please bring reusable water bottles so that together we can discourage the use of plastic on the trails)
- Snacks (Carry plenty of dry snacks, energy bars, candies & ORS to munch on during the trek)
- Power bank
- Govt. Issued ID proof
- Headtorch / Hand-held torch (Avoid mobile flashlights.)
- Medicines (If you have any health issues. Please ensure that you inform our trek leaders beforehand.)
- Sanitation kit (Carrying Odomos would come in handy)
✅ Food (One Breakfast & One dinner)
✅ Hyderabad to Hyderabad transportation
✅ Certified Organizers
✅ First aid
✅ Facilitator/(s) reimbursement.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
The best way to reach the base is to take the Express Train from Mumbai to reach Lonavala Railway Station.
For Karjat route – Reach Karjat by Local Train and then take a cab or a six-seater Tumtum and Reach Kondivade Village.