Rajmachi Fort is one of the many historical forts in the rugged hills of Sahyadri mountains. Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.
Wanna take a video tour? Here you go: https://youtu.be/2-JieycNkG0
Friday: Hyderabad to Lonavala by Train
- Board train to Lonavala
08:55 PM - Hyd Deccan
09:05 PM - Begumpet
09:30 PM - Lingampalli
Saturday: Reach Base Village
- Reach Lonavala
- Freshen up and have breakfast
- Lonavala self-exploration till evening
- Start your journey towards the base village
- Reach base village
- Post briefing about the trip start your trek towards Rajmachi
- Enjoy beautiful jungle trail hiking with mesmerizing view of fireflies and Reach Base Village
- Have dinner & Tent Stay/Home Stay
Sunday: Sunrise at Rajmachi Fort and Trek back
- Wake up call
- Resume trek towards Rajmachi fort
- Reach the viewpoint & witness the beautiful sunrise
- Breakfast & Start to descend to the base village
- Start trek towards Lonavala
- Reach Lonavala
- Catch the train from Lonavala at 4.30PM
Monday: Reach Hyderabad
- Reach Hyderabad early in the morning
Clothing & Footwear
- Walking/Sports/Trekking shoe. (Please make sure that you are using soft rubber-sole footwear)
- 30-40 L backpack (Do not carry suitcases or trolleys)
- Sleeping bag (You can replace it with a thin blanket or bed-sheet if you don't want to invest in a sleeping bag)
- 3 pairs of quick-dry clothing. (Please wear one pair on Friday night before coming to the railway station. You'll not get an opportunity to change during our travel.)
- 3 pairs of socks
- Raincoat, rain cover for your bag, zip-lock pouches for mobiles
Food & Beverage
- Min 2 liters of water each (Please bring reusable water bottles so that together we can discourage the use of plastic on the trails)
- Snacks (Carry plenty of dry snacks, energy bars, candies & ORS to munch on during the trek)
- Power bank
- Govt. Issued ID proof
- Headtorch / Hand-held torch (Avoid mobile flashlights.)
- Medicines (If you have any health issues. Please ensure that you inform our trek leaders beforehand.)
- Sanitation kit (Carrying Odomos would come in handy)
- Food (One Breakfast & One dinner)
- Hyderabad to Hyderabad transportation
- Certified Organizers
- First aid
- Facilitator/(s) reimbursement.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
The best way to reach the base is to take the Express Train from Mumbai to reach Lonavala Railway Station.
For Karjat route – Reach Karjat by Local Train and then take a cab or a six-seater Tumtum and Reach Kondivade Village.