Dudhsagar Waterfalls- springing from a lofty height of 600m is located on the Goa-Karnataka border. It lies at a distance of 60 km from Panaji and 10 km from Colem Railway Station. Dudhsagar Falls (literally Sea of Milk ) is a tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River in the Indian state of Goa on Goa's border with Karnataka state. It is a four-tiered.
Dudhsagar is one of the world's most exquisite falls. It lies high up in the Mandovi River's watershed and so is not particularly spectacular during the dry season. During the monsoon season, however, the falls are transformed into one of the most powerful falls in India. Dudhsagar Falls is listed as India's fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m. The water plummets hundreds of meters (over a thousand feet) in large volumes during the rainy monsoon season, forming one of the most spectacular natural phenomena in Goa. It is a major part of the Goa ecosystem. It is a four-tiered waterfall with a total height of 310 meters (1017 feet) and an average width of 30 meters (100 feet)
One has to get down at Kulem (Collem) railway station and walk towards the falls which is about 11 km away. It normally takes 2–3 hours to reach. The famous photograph of Trains passing through before the waterfalls can be seen in this route and also the complete stretch of the falls will be visible while you hike towards the waterfalls.
Day 0: Hyderabad to Hubli by Train
Board train to Hubballi
- 3:50 PM - Hyd Deccan
- 4:00 PM - Begumpet
- 4:30 PM - Lingampally
Notes for the day:
1. You will not get time to change your dress till we complete the trek the next day; so wear your desired clothes before boarding the train itself.
2. Don't forget to carry a thin blanket to be used for the night train journey.
People from other cities, please contact us for arrangements
Day 1 : Trek to Dudhsagar Falls
- Take a local vehicle from Hubli to Kulem
- Start the trek (9 KM or 11 KM) towards Dudhsagar waterfall (Need not to carry your backpacks here)
- We will be passing through dense jungle & water streams, it is going to be a beautiful trail and you’ll encounter pretty butterflies on the way too.
- Savor lunch en-route
- Visit waterfalls & Capture all memories, and also click insta worthy pictures :D
- Setup camp & Have dinner (Don't forget to carry head torches or even hand torches will do)
Notes for the day:
- Keep one extra pair of quick-dry clothes & a plastic polythene bag handy. You can get into the waterfall with the quick-dry clothes & post swimming you will change back to your original pair.
- Stop for a quick lunch break. (Don't expect a high lunch, keep in mind that you’re in the middle of a forest)
- It is going to be a long and a bit tiring trek so carry enough water or you can refill it from the waterfall streams (flowing water is fresh and drinkable!). Also carry snacks like energy bars, dry fruits and ORS if needed.
Day 2 : Visit Tambdi Surla Waterfalls
- Wake up call at 7:30 AM
- Freshen Up, have breakfast at the campsite, pack up and start back.
- Head to Tambdi Surla Waterfalls (You can get into the water)
- Spend time near the waterfall, click pictures
- Visit ancient Lord Shiva temple there
- Start back to Hubli to catch train
- Enroute lunch
- Reach railway station and catch train at 08:30pm
Notes: Your quick-dry pair will come in handy here before getting into the waterfall again.
- There are no dress restrictions to visit the temple.
- Pack as small as you can.
- Don't forget to carry rain gear with you (raincoat, water resistant pouches or polythene for your valuables like phones, wallets etc)
Day 3 : Back to Hyderabad
Clothing & Footwear
- Walking/Sports/Trekking shoe. (Please make sure that you are using soft rubber-sole footwear)
- 30-40 L backpack (Do not carry suitcases or trolleys)
- Sleeping bag (You can replace it with a thin blanket or bed-sheet if you don't want to invest in a sleeping bag)
- 3 pairs of quick-dry clothing. (Please wear one pair on Friday night before coming to the railway station. You'll not get an opportunity to change during our travel.)
- 3 pairs of socks
- Raincoat, rain cover for your bag, zip-lock pouches for mobiles
Food & Beverage
- Min 2 liters of water each (Please bring reusable water bottles so that together we can discourage the use of plastic on the trails)
- Snacks (Carry plenty of dry snacks, energy bars, candies & ORS to munch on during the trek)
- Power bank
- Govt. Issued ID proof
- Headtorch / Hand-held torch (Avoid mobile flashlights.)
- Medicines (If you have any health issues. Please ensure that you inform our trek leaders beforehand.)
- Sanitation kit (Carrying Odomos would come in handy)
✅ Hyd to Hyd transportation by Sleeper class Train 🚂
✅ Local transportation
✅ Sanctuary Entry Charges
✅ Food (One Breakfast & One dinner) 🍱
✅ Stay (Sleeping mat & Tent)
✅ First aid
✅ Indian Government Certified Trek Leaders
✅ Facilitator/(s) reimbursement.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.